3rd July 2011
Hi everyone! I’m sorry for the lack of updating, I am now settled within my new home in Virginia so now I can continue to go back to making tuts for you all. :) Now for a few hair and skin remedies that always necessary when your body needs a little pick me up.
- Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is excellent for your skin because it contains polysaccharides, a type of complex carbohydrate. When the polysaccharides are mixed with water, a gel like substance is formed, which when placed upon the skin, helps it from drying out even after it is washed away, leaving your skin soft, supple, & nourished. It also removes dirt in your pores because the saponins in oats help to remove all bacteria and oil and excess dirt.
Now then, for this mask all you will need is regular oatmeal plus water from your tap.
- Take a handful of oatmeal and place it underneath the running water, making sure all the oats become wet
- Slowly and softly, begin to scrub your face with the oats in a circular motion all over your face and neck. This will help increase blood circulation to keep your skin from appearing dull.
- After you feel like you have scrubbed enough, I usually do this for about 10 minutes because I like making sure I’ve gotten everywhere all cleaned out, wash your face with luke warm water and pat dry.
- Tada! Soft glowing skin. However, this isn’t only for your face, use it on your body as well when you take a bath.
Now since it’s very hot out, your hair tends to frizz up in the humidity. So, I’m going to teach you guys how to make a simple hair mask from a few simple things, the main ingredient being avocado. Avocado contains high levels of vitamins A, D, and E along with oils that prevent hair from becoming dry and provide hydration.
Things you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Plain yogurt
- First, take an avocado and cut it in half. Take one half and scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl. Use a fork to mix the contents until it becomes like guacamole.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of plain yogurt, and one tablespoon of honey. These items will all soften your hair so it’s completely silky after the mask is used.
- Mix all the ingredients together til it reaches a thick yet smooth consistency.
- Apply this throughout your hair & leave it in for about 20-25 minutes depending on how dry your hair is.
- After, wash out the mixture with cool water since hot water can damage your hair and dry it out.
- Towel dry your hair and see the difference!
So we all know it’s summer. It’s 4th of July weekend and I’m sure all of you are ready to bust out the bathing suits and get ready for that perfect tan. So, here are a few tips so you’re all ready.
- Always make sure to carry sunscreen in your fabulous purses; we want to look tan, not burnt.
- If you’re one of those people who don’t wish to get a tan but want to look like a bronze beauty, then invest in a bronzer. One I recommend is by Rimmel London since it’s a mineral powder, and won’t harm your skin.
- Purchase a waterproof eyeliner and mascara if you’re going to be heading to the pool or beach often for a dip. The last thing you need is to look like a raccoon after getting out of the water.
- Wearing a sun hat plus a cute pair of sunnies can protect your eyes and your hair, plus it looks completely chic. Also, make sure to wear clothes that are made of 100% cotton because cotton is able to breathe very easily and you’ll be able to stay nice & cool in the warm weather.
- Keep Clean&Clear oil wipes in your purse, it can quickly wipe any excess build-up of oil that is upon your face. After doing so, just pat on your powder for a fresh matte look.
I hope you all liked the two DIY tutorials and these quick summer tips. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
- finnickodiar likes this
- 0kj0die likes this
- gorgeous-liarsx likes this
- clk5925 likes this
- gabbbg reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- duckontehmoon likes this
- omnifariousbeat likes this
- sumthingwild reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- ethiri1 likes this
- chileni25 reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- chileni25 likes this
- pixiemombug likes this
- rapp21softball likes this
- araitik likes this
- theseare-afewofmyfavoritekinks likes this
- abrandnewcolonyblog likes this
- boredsincebirth likes this
- fuckyeahcarmen likes this
- flirtybonez likes this
- damnitdisney reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- opodiphthera likes this
- indigochild12 likes this
- xchasing-the-sunx13 likes this
- dinoraaa likes this
- morily likes this
- dont-dance-with-the-devil likes this
- yxnyvng likes this
- 2infini-et-au-dela likes this
- peek-a-boo-and-a-katie-too reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- peek-a-boo-and-a-katie-too likes this
- averageteen01 likes this
- save-my-demons likes this
- amaidasshutsu likes this
- helloim-kitty reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- exotickyungie likes this
- etphonehome95 likes this
- 1-800-batcave likes this
- healing-foryou likes this
- thestuffyouwillneedtoremember reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- smilealreadydammit likes this
- karinaaaaaacx likes this
- chachaagain likes this
- freckldsunshine likes this
- recycledfrockery reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- shannonmariecone reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- fieldofdeadroses likes this
- nerdygertie likes this
- kiraroni reblogged this from indianbeauty101
- kiraroni likes this